Monday, October 3, 2011

5 Things I Love About Our New House

The kitchen island: I have always wanted a kitchen with an island, and this island is exactly what I envisioned. It has room for stools so we can use it for dining, tons of storage underneath, and its even wired for electric so we can plug appliances right in.

The garbage disposal: Our current apartment is the first place we’ve lived where there wasn’t a garbage disposal. I never would have thought I cared about having one, but we’ve only lived here 8 months and I am already SO sick of cleaning out the sink drain – YUCK!

Laundry on the first floor: I hate going into the basement to do laundry – I know its only one extra set of stairs but it definitely makes me less motivated to do laundry, and I feel like basements are never THAT clean. I can’t wait to have it on the first floor – maybe I’ll actually be able to hear the buzzers go off so I remember to switch the laundry!

The mud room: This might be my absolute favorite room in the house :-) We don’t wear shoes around the house, and we have never really had a coat closet, so near the front door there is always a huge jumble of shoes, coats, bags, etc. It makes the dining room a huge dumping ground for stuff.  The mud room has space for shoes and lots of hooks and shelves to store all of that stuff so it never even makes it into the rest of the house = LOVE.

Quiet street / actually living in a neighborhood: We currently live on a super busy road, and it is such a pain to try to take a left there every morning because you can barely see who’s coming at you since it curves. It will be SO nice to live in a neighborhood that is not on a main road and is set back from the crazy traffic. I also hope we will actually meet our neighbors this time around, we have never been very good at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment