Dan and I are officially homeowners! Less than two months ago we had no idea we would be buying our first home anytime soon – never mind by the end of September. We have a lazy Sunday tradition of watching HGTV shows, looking online at houses and dreaming of what we would do when we someday have our own. In the middle of August I saw one online that looked too good to be true in terms of what it had to offer and the price. They were having an open house the day I looked at it, so Dan and I decided to get over our fear of open houses and go check it out. I could definitely picture us living there once we checked it out - it had everything on our “must-have” list, and lots of stuff I never even realized I would love to have.
 |
| Closing Day! |
We left the open house thinking that it was a really great house that we could totally see ourselves in, but that we just weren’t ready to buy yet. In typically Lindsay fashion, I just could not let it go or stop thinking about it! Eventually we decided to contact my aunt, who is a realtor, and after talking to her we got pre approved to see if it would actually be realistic for us to get this house. Once we got all the numbers back, we realized we could really do this, and now! We went for one more showing with my aunt and my parents, decided to put in an offer, and the rest is history. Fast forward a month and here we are, with new keys to add to our keychains! We have our current apartment until mid-November, so we’ll be taking our time with moving and hopefully getting some painting done in the meantime.
I’m starting this blog to keep track of all our crazy ideas for the house as we make it our own, and to hopefully share some projects and before and afters along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment